Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
apsyched1_gw

Sick female betta?

apsyched1
15 years ago

My female betta, Pipsqueak (got her a week ago) is motionless at the top of the bowl. It is almost like she is in a deep sleep or unconscious, b/c once she 'comes to' she swims around & will eat. I even raised my voice & touched the water & even her to get her to move. When she 'comes to', it's like she is startled! & she starts swimming really fast & I am afraid her running into the sides may hurt her!I What's wrong!? What should I do?! I had a male (CatFood) for about a year & had a friend watch him over a long weekend when I had to leave town. He died when I was gone. Not sure why, as my friend disposed of him before I saw him. I am using the same bowl (glass - 1 gallon w/ a fake plant & big coral & stones at the bottom) but I washed everything well & is all sat in the sun & then in the closet before I got this fish (from the friend who was watching my other fish..) The 1 gallon 'bowl' is tall but not too wide. I picked up some 'revive' at walmart today (went to 3 places looking for bettamax or bettafix.. no luck).. & want to change the water (it's been 5 days). Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thx! :)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths