Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alexis_gw

Betta in serious trouble

alexis
17 years ago

I have a problem with one of my betta fish. My female betta fish had trouble with ich. She had only two or three white dots on her body yesterday night. Now she is covered with them. I gave her some Wardley anti-ich treatment stuff last night that was for parasites and fungus. Now I have her in a separate container with some of the green metha something stuff. The water is slightly blue. She was swimming earlier this afternoon. I added a pinch of aquarium salt to the water. I changed the water a little at a time and added some warm water. The fish improved and swam a little more, with some of the parasites getting off her. Then things got worse. She had trouble swimming but still swam straight. She took a gulp of air and then stopped moving. She moved her tail a little bit an hour later. Now her color is starting to fade (about 1/3 to 1/2 her body). But her body isn't deteriorating. Her eyes are in okay shape. I think maybe she gulped in some water (only a little bit). It's like she's in shock or comatose. Is there any hope for her or treatment I can do?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor