Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jill1979_gw

Is it swim bladder disease?

jill1979
17 years ago

Okay, So my water finally went back to normal, it was green with no high levels. I went and bought a big facny oranda with a cap on his head. I put him in my community tank after submersing him for 20 minutes and in the last 24 four hours he has sat on the bottom twice. The first time I poked him and he didn't do it again until this morning. I was feeding and he ate a few sinking pellets then a second later did it again. I poked him again and now he seems fine. He has no problem swimming anywhere and he is eating and swimming with other fish fine. I read somewhere that a teaspoon of salt per gallon may help this. I have a hospital tank but don't really like the idea of submitting him to new water right away. Anyways, does anyone know what this is or what I should do? Can I add salt to the community tank or would this harm my other two goldfish and danio's I have? All the other fish are perfectly fine. I hate PJ"S pet centre every fish I seem to buy from there has some sort of issue. I am in Toronto does anyone know any good fish stores? Thanks.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor