Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherryazure

Moonlight Gourami with red 'thing'

sherryazure
16 years ago

at base of pectorial fin. This was from tank of gouramis which turned out to have fish tb. I destoyed all the rest and notified the store (who didn't care)...This one so far has no bumps or broken bumps with lesions.

He is in quaranteen and will remain in his own tank later alone if he survives. Swimming fine, eating, getting friendly, all seems ok, but I noticed this red area at the base of one of his 'feelers'. At the base where the pectorial fin emerges from his body.

At fist since it was tubular looking (hard to see and harder to describe) I thought it was a worm or parasite. I spot treated with fake merurachome and added salt to his quaranteen water. He is being treated for internal parasite with food which I treated with meds. (poo a bit white and stringy)

It has receeded but it is still there. I know the males can have orange coloration but he is young, and only on one not the other. Just not sure if normal coloration or something. (don't think so though)

Here is my best description.

Imagine the little layer of skin around each base of feeler. This one looks like either a worm or protusion (small) is coming out in same area (like to line converging)almost like it is encasing his feeler (remember right at the base, under his belly) or it is an inflamation of the area). Hard to tell as so small an area and he won't sit still for long.

I am treaing his water with antiparsite med (maracide) and now furan two in case it is bacterial. With some salt.

Any ideas, suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks Sherry

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES