Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Freeze dried tubifex worms

Posted by Melle_Sacto Z9/Sunset 14 CA (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 16, 05 at 18:22

What is the deal with these things? I bought a jar of them for my relatively large black moores and I can't tell if they eat them or not. The worms are in cube-shaped blocks that float around and drop tiny bits of debris (worms?).

Are these for small fish only? Thanks for any advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Freeze dried tubifex worms

I never liked the freeze dried tubifex & haven't used them in many years. They just seem too, well, dry. Even trying to presoak them doesn't work - they seem to stay dry for many hours, & my fish never seemed to like them at all.

These days I only feed flake food, live food, & thawed frozen food to my fish.

o

Usually I feed thawed frozen brine shrimp, peas and a special goldfish food called Pro-Gold. I guess I'll toss out the worms, I've been trying to give them away but no takers. Thanks, I should have asked before buying them.

o

My spiney eels and Angels like them. Once they hydrate, Iwould often find a couple of spiney eels hanging from a cube chowing down! The rest of my fish...event he carnivorous ones...could care less...thought he violet gobies will eat them once they sink to the bottom.

Eric

o

Oh good. You just saved me a few bucks!

o

My goldfish and koi always love fresh brine shrimp when I can get them!

o

My cat fish loves the worms. Even though she stays at the bottom most of the time she will come right up and chow down on the worms. The Tetras will go after whatever she misses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here