Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm a new Aquarium Owner

Posted by meghan2 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 07 at 20:11

Hi All,
I love fish and always have. I just got a tank a few days ago and have been doing a lot of research since then. I really like this forum, so here I am. I'm gonna get my fish today, if all the water levels check out okay, and I'm really excited....just wanted to say HI :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm a new Aquarium Owner

Welcome, If you haven't added any products like "Cycle" or similar. Your water levels (if you mean Ammonia, Nitrites and Nitrates) should be fine. The only thing you should need to add is a water conditioner that removes chlorine and other toxic chemicals. Take it slow and consider as fishless cycling method. This will save you alot of aggrevation and be alot quicker in the end. Good Luck, here are a few useful links.

Here is a link that might be useful: Read the first 3-5 articles first

o

Welcome to tropical fish! I would purchase an Ammonia/Nitrite/Nitrate test kit and monitor the Nitrogen Cycle, starting out with one cheap fish.

o

Yeah, I'm gonna get the kit...I don't want any fish to die...so I'm waiting for all the levels to be good.

Thanks !

o

Feeder Guppys are monetarily expendible. And you'l be one up on the typical annual and typical Christmas present (10 gallon setup), with the dad who has about as much knowledge of the hobby to be dangerous, confused and impatient with the biochemistry that takes place. Then they get mad at the petshop owner for selling them bad fish!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here