Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
matt605

Jager & Ebo-Jager

Matt605
18 years ago

Is there a difference between these heaters? I had heard awhile back the Ebo-Jager went out of business in the U.S. Are they the same heaters by the same manufacturer? They look exactly alike. Big Al's & Fosters & Smith sell the Jagers as submersible. That Pet Place advertises Ebo-Jagers and claims that they aren't completely submersible. I need to replace about three heaters and am confused.

Thanks,

Matt

Comments (3)

• woeisme
    18 years ago

Jager is made in germany by eheim. I guess that they where aquired. They might still use the Ebo-Jager label for original models or they are left over? I'm not sure but they are the same. Many manufactorers are makeing the fully submersible ones now, but still sell non-submerssible. I have never used an Ebo-Jager but have heard nothing but praise for there accuracy. And the price ain't bad either.

• Minaku
    18 years ago

Whatever it is, Jagers are top-notch heaters. Can't get better than them.

• pamdoggie
    18 years ago

I purchased 4 Ebo-Jager's 12+ years ago and they are still in my 240 gallon reef system and work beautifully - I occasionally take them out and soak them in white vinegar to breakdown the coraline algae buildup - and back in they go... never had a problem with one.

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm