Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
minflick

How do I move my 37 gallon tall tank???

minflick
13 years ago

I will be moving in a few months  a one day drive up north a bit. I have a 37 gallon tall tank, planted with 2 bags of fluorite, and 2 bags of silica sand under that. Do I need to entirely strip down my tank to move it? If only because of weight considerations? I donÂt know what the tank plus gravel mix weighs, and I guess IÂm just trying to avoid having to strip the thing down to the bare glass if at all possible.

I already thought my fish would be moving in my 10 gallon quarantine tank, with lowered water level. Or, I can put them in a covered pitcher left open for air circulation, which would be much smaller around but quite a bit deeper  I have 3 angelfish (re the wider vs. deeper moving container) and some ottoÂs and a Florida killi fish.

I planned on taking out the large piece of driftwood and putting that in a 5 gallon bucket for the move, and if I have to strip down to the bare glass for weight and motion considerations, IÂll gingerly uproot my plants and put them all in a gallon baggie for the ride. And then do my best to take out the gravel stuff. Can I reuse it when I get where IÂm going? Or do I need new fluorite? My tank will have been set up for only a year, so nothing in it is all that old or used up.

Comments (2)

Sponsored