Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any bettas in nyc!!

Posted by teamsr new york (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 16, 06 at 13:56

IM A BEGINNER BREEDER AND IM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE IN NYC THAT CAN HELP OR GIVE SOME TIPS.. EVERY BETTA BREEDER I SEE ON THE INTERNET IS FROM WEST BUBBLE AND IM IN SEARCH OF PEOPLE THAT BREED OR ARE JUST INTO BETTA FISH THAT ARE IN NYC... SO IF YOU ARE THAT PERSON THAT IS INTO BETTA FISH OR BREED OR WOULD EVEN LIKE TO TRADE EMAIL ME AT TEAMSWIMMINROOSTER@YAHOO.COM

LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU OR SEEING YOUR POST

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any bettas in nyc!!

Try a websearch and I'll bet you will find lots of freshwater fish clubs and aquarist societies in the NY area and virtually all of their members will be breeders.

If there are no Beta breeders in whatever club you join, you will nevertheless have access to virtually all of the best FW aquarists in your area including prize winning Beta breeders, because those who are really into it know everyone else, and that is where and how you will really connnect; by networking locally.

If you want to get into breeding, you are smart to look for others, because you need to start with the very best stock you can afford.

Your babies will only as good as BOTH parents, so you MUST start with DAUGHTERS of top winning males, and not make the common mistake of buying fancy males, then just picking up females from wherever.

There are some exceptionally fine show breeders in the US and most of them will ship, but you will still need someone nearby as a mentor, so again: look for a local freshwater fish club.

Good luck!

o
RE: any bettas in nyc!!

hey i might not kno alot about bettas but i do know something i have 5 males and im about to buy females so my email is d-man713@hotmail.com OK

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here