Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
X_X Problem with my poor Glowlight

Posted by FrozenMyst (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 30, 05 at 19:10

I don't know if anyone can help, but at the moment I have 5 neons and 5 glowlights. One of my poor little glowlights is sickly. It's the tiniest of the five. I'm not quite sure, but I think it might have neon tetra disease. Does anyone know where I can find pictures of fish, other than the neons, who have acquired neon tetra disease? Any good sites with info is helpful too. I've found a lot, but I could always use more info. I've also heard of fake neon tetra disease, but I don't believe that is what my glowlight has.

I have a smaller tank and I believe that I should move him... all the other fish seem perfectly normal and healthy and I'm worried that he'll make them sick. Any advice is greatly appreciated! I seem to have bad luck with fish so far... could be because I'm still new to all this. = \

Thanks again for any advice ahead of time,
~Holly (The NooB)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: X_X Problem with my poor Glowlight

MOVE IT if you haven't allready. First improve water conditions (cloudy water, unvaccummed gravel/unless a dense planted tank/ ammonia, nitrite, over 50ppm nitrate unplanted)I recently had a rash of this. I dont do normal gravel vaccums in my moderate to heavy planted (only every 6 months I uproot vaccum half the tank, next week other half then replant. now every 4 months since outbreak). The water quality got bad quicker than normal and I had an algae bloom (lime green water) then NTD killed 5 neons and fancytailed guppy, also an oto cat.When you have isolated it try Nalidixic Acid if you can find some at the pet shop or online. There has been limited sucess with it. Try to bring down pH to 6.5-6.8 if not there allready. By the way it usually looks like a clear spot in the body, sudden loss of color. Post a pic if you can.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here