Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sick Fish?

Posted by veng CA (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 8, 08 at 0:32

Hi-
I have a 29 gallon tank with 5 rosey finned tetras, 5 zebra danios, three small algae eaters and a honey sunset gourami.

The last few days the gourami hasnt been looking very well. He started losing his orange color and turning white. He's also really bloated looking, and I havent seen him eat in a few days. I'm really worried. Does anyone know what might be troubling him??

We've had him for a long time, and so I dont think he has the gourami illness that is being said to be going around in the pet stores. I'm wondering if he's being stressed out by the movement of the zebra danios. They are the most recent addition to the tank (3 weeks ago), and they are a lot faster moving than the ones in it before.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sick Fish?

Might try setting up a 10 gallon qt tank for him to observe him and see if he isn't as stressed. If he does have something you don't want it to spread to the other fish.

o
RE: Sick Fish?

If the danios are fresh addition from a store, they could have carried the feared "gourami sickness" into your tank. What does not affect them could hurt your gourami. Check the store you bought your danios from, and ask them to give you remedy against the "gourami sickness" they might have helped you to carry in your tank.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here