Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catlove_gw

Help please

catlove
13 years ago

I recently bought a new filter for my tank. I have a rather small tank (1.5 gallons) it came with a filter but I bought glofish and the smaller ones where getting sucked up into it. One of them died yesterday so I set out to the pet shop to get a new one. the one I got seems to be a bit more powerful and creates a current in the tank. The glofish on the larger side seem to be doing fine but once again the smaller ones are having a problem. They can't seem to fight the current and hang out in one spot in the opposite coner at the top of the tank. Now one of then keeps getting dragged down and neither one of them will eat.

I have moved them to a seperate bowl. One still isn't doing well, sinking to the bottom, floating on it's side, and such and the other still will not eat although it appears to be in a better physical state. Is there anything I can do or are my fish doomed to die???

Comment (1)

• terrestrial_man
    13 years ago

Turn the filter off. Do you have a separate aerator?
    For such a small tank use a foam filter instead. You will need an aerator (air pump), tubing and the filter. The link is to That Fish Place foam filter page. I am not connected with this company so this is not spam. You can check locally at Petsmart or WalMart too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Example of foam filter

Sponsored