Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How long should I wait to get a new fish?

Posted by Lotte13 Midlothian (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 29, 13 at 15:26

So I bought two fancy gold fish back in february this year. They had a nice big tank and were very happy. Unfortunately we moved flat in June, and whilst one was happy and fine my blackmoor, Garfunkel, became very listless and floated around the top of the tank a lot; swim bladder problems etc. Despite careful water changes, keeping the water medicated, peas etc, he recently died. His scales were still completely black aside from the slight orange bits he always had, so he didn't appear to have any diseases; I think he really did just die of stress/distress.
Winston, the pearscales goldfish, is fighting fit and OK. However, we were told to leave it a little while before getting him a new tank mate. How long should we wait?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How long should I wait to get a new fish?

Just give it a sensible quarantine period. Two weeks should be more then enough.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here