Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirap_gw

Aquarium Buddies meds

kirap
18 years ago

My one grandsons 10 gal community tank had a severe case of fungal and fin/tail rot and other problems.......they never listen to old granddad and grandmomma tell em to watch what fish you buy and QT them first.....so its amazing the tank they have has gone this long withjout a problem. There was a few fish which showed signs of secondary infection as well. Anyhow he calls me and asks if I can come and doctor his fish.......I don't normally have much except for some PP which is my mainstay and injectable antibiotics (baytril) for my koi, so I stopped by the petstore on my way to his place to see what I could find that may help his problem. I found a packet of 8 or 10 tablets about the size of a half dollar called Fungus Away or something like that. Its simply called Aquarium Buddies and the tablets are effervescent, in that they fizz when you plop em in the water just like an alka seltzer does....I wa kind of skeptical, but tried them.....They claim to cure hemeoragic bacterial infections, fungal problems and fin and tail and mouith rot, and some other maladys......One tablet per 10 gal of water, and 4 days later do a partial water change and dose again if needed......I have to say they really surprised me, as the fish were noticeably better each day, but I told him to do the water change and dose em one more time........Did not loose a single fish, and the meds did not make a mess, and best of all it worked as advertised.. So if your in need of a med and it fits the symptons, I would not hesitate to use it again, as it gave excellent results in my sons community tank. Seems like their mom and dad always let them buy any old fish they see that they ike and just put it in thr community tank, but after this affair I think they all seen the light come on when they saw their fish get so sick.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations