Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fishmom_gw

Dalmatian molly-male or female

fishmom
16 years ago

I recently bought 2 beautiful dalmatian mollies a couple of weeks ago. I can't seem to tell if one is a female or not. Both are mostly black and the pics I have seen on the internet show that the females are mostly white with a few black spots. The one in question is mostly black, but it appears to have quite a bit of white on it and the other fish is alot darker and has alot more black on it. The internet also says something about a pregnancy spot. What is this and where would I find it. The only reason I ask, is that the fish I think may be a female looks rather chubby in the belly and she/it has a red spot on her sides. I recently had baby fish and I don't know who the parents are and I wonder if maybe my mollies may be the parents. Also, recently, the male fish has been chasing off the other one (female/it). It's almost like he is jelous and doesn't want anyone touching her or something weird like that. If someone has any clues that would help me, that would be great. I do have the fry net with one fry in it. If I have more coming, I would like to know in advance if possible. Please help! Thanks.

Comments (2)