Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bristle worms

Posted by kevip711 8a (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 24, 08 at 0:09

I was told and read that besides traps that the six line wrasse is the best was to rid of tank of these worms.. welcoming any comments or suggestions before I buy one of these fishes..

Thanks,
Kevin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bristle worms

Try seeking other sources for information or opinions in the meantime. This is a SLOW forum, sorry to say. I see the same threads, more or less unmoved, on page one for weeks.

o

Yeah I know.. I went ahead and bought a wrasse and a trap but cant see any improvement at all.. the worms only come out at night and the wrasse goes to sleep.. the trap so far has caught nothing that I can tell.. I might be over-run with these worms soon.. I at first didnt know the white worms were bristle until they matured and turned tan or brown.. at first I thought they were harmless.. but I was wrong.. why are salt aquariums so hard? problem after problem.. first jelly fish, then diatoms,then aiptasias, then bristle worms.. still no corr algae after a year and a half.. I do everything I am told to no avail.. urg..

Here is a link that might be useful: my tank and site

o

how did you manage to get jellyfish? owch!

o

I have no idea how I got the jelly fish.. I had thousands.. and they eventually all died off.. it amazed the Fish Store when I brought them in.. I dont know how I got the worms either.. I havent add anything to my tank in months..

o

Yikes jellyfish. you didn't find out you had them the hard way did you (by getting stung?)
I read up quickly on those and for people who keep them intentionally they require a very specialized set up.

o

They were all baby jellies.. ployps.. and then they would mature and pop off and then pulsate through the aquarium.. I dont think that they were big enough to harm me.. but I am sure they did harm my corals.. glad they are gone.. but now worm problem.. still have a few aiptasias but they arent as troublesome.. the new wrasse is healthy and eating good but not sure he is eating the worms yet.. dont see any in the trap I bought..

o

think I will stick with my fresh water tropical for now.
I hope you defeat your worms soon. Good Luck.

o

Besides some cheap tropical fish deaths.. I really have never had a big problem with my fresh water tank.. That tank I have is so easy to maintain compared to salt.. Salt takes dedication and time and money.. but tropical just isnt as eye pleasing.. anyway goodluck..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here