Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adding RCS to aquarium

Posted by Drewet88 9 SF Bay Area (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 4:19

Hello everyone I've returned with a random question about adding some Red Cherry Shrimp to my 20 gallon guppy tank. Since I've wanted RCS for some time and haven't been able to find them locally I bought some ghost shrimp about a month or so ago. I started with 10 but normally never see more than 7 at a time. There are plenty of hiding spots and now that I'm upgrading my light set up there will be more aquatic plants (I currently have Anarcharis and fake plants).
If I'm able to locate some RCS should I add them in while the ghost shrimp are in there, I heard some ghost shrimp types will attack other shrimp. The only other option for the ghost shrimp would be for them to go in my red eared sliders tank and become snacks. Actually everything thats in the guppy tank will eventually become turtle food.
If I get some RCS will I need to do anything different than what I did with the ghost shrimp?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adding RCS to aquarium

Ok, guess theres no input...

Anyway I ordered the rcs and turned the aquarium into a planted tank with amazon swords, hornwort, and more eloda.
The ghost shrimp will go into the turtle tank when the rcs arrive because I heard there are two species of ghost shrimp. One type is violent to other shrimp and the other isnt. Since I dont know which species I have I rather be safe than sorry.

o
RE: Adding RCS to aquarium

sorry, this forum is slow. i've seen other shrimp co-exist, not sure about ghosts. good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here