Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tnflower_lover

question about white stuff

Tnflower_lover
18 years ago

I have a small tank(not mine but i do the cleaning and feeding)i had just cleaned it,(did use declor) did nothing different this time from what i had been doing, except it had way to many guppies( i also use bullseye 7.0 neutral ph reg.) I took most of them to the pet shop. 2 days later i had this white slimy looking stuff in the tank, it was stopping up the filter. Cleaned the filter, next day the white stuff was still in the tank and the fish were not looking so well, so i cleaned the tank again. Tonight i put a bubbler in becausse they were not moving so much, now the seem to be doing better. I know they are guppies but i do not want them to die. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Cara

Comments (2)

• skygee
    18 years ago

May be that you've been feeding too much? And uneaten food decomposed and mold (slime) started to grow. The only time I've had this issue is when I've gone away and left the care of my office fish to a co-worker - who tends to feed more than I do.

A good gravel cleaning should clear this up.

• woeisme
    18 years ago

Skygee most likely nailed it. If it is rotting food the ammonia probably spiked. That would cause the fish to get ill. Definately Gravel vacuum and a large water exchange to reduce any toxins.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz