Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anna_fish_gw

are my barbs sick??

anna_fish
17 years ago

Hi,

I've been noticing some problems with my barbs. I'm sure sure if this is normal because I've never had barbs before. I have one orange coloured barb that is doing very well in my tank. I have two green barbs and two tiger barbs. The tigers and the greens are fine most of the time but right after they eat they start looking like they have swim bladder disease. It was so bad last night that I thought I would wake up to dead fish this morning. I fed them again but I put less food in the bowl and the same thing happened. It didn't seem to be as bad as last night but it still happened. It's been about three horus since I fed them and they are no longer trying to swim nose first into the gravel as fast as they can without getting any deeper in the water. I have other fish and creatures in my tank and they all seem to be fine. So I figured that the water is alright. My Oto and shrimp are thriving very well. I just don't understand what's wrong with my barbs. Right now they're ok but every time I feed them they look ill. I put in some lettuce for the Oto and the barbs that are sick seem to peck at it. Is there something I can do to avoid this situation all together?

Thanks again!

Comment (1)