Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cori8301_gw

betta with ick please help

cori8301
16 years ago

I have a new Betta that I have only had for a couple of weeks. He is eating fine and swimming all over his tank. I have him at work and their is a small heater in his tank to keep the water level between 74-78 which was recommended for Bettas. I also have some pebbles, a fake plant, and a hiding barrel for him. But he has developed some white spots on his face and around his gills. The pet store said that this was ICK. I treated his ICK for 1 week with Life Guard All in one treatment. The ICK seems to be getting worse. It looks like his gills are inflammed and I am worried that he is going to Die. He does eat every morning but I don't want him to be uncomfortable. They say that ICK is ichy and I want him to be Happy...PLEASE HELP MY FISH...DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS TO HELP ME PLEASE

My Betta is kept in a 2.5 gallon tank. I have the heater in his tank b/c my Office is really cold and for a couple of days I could not get the water above 70-72. I think thats why he got the ICK to begin with...Now I just need to get rid of it

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida