Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
airstone wont sink grrr

Posted by SquirrelBallsOO z6 PA (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 28, 05 at 16:47

i bought this bubble disk today, its about a 2" circle, well it wont stay down it keeps floating. its been in the tank only a half hour does it need more time to get heavy and sink? i have no rocks handy to keep it down and the gravel is too light for it. help me, it looks bad floating

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: airstone wont sink grrr

I have never used a disk so it "may" need to soak water before it sinks, but not likely. You can get airline holders to help. They clip around the airline and have suction cups to hold them to the glass. Put one under the gravel with your air supply line attached and stick it to the bottom glass, then bury it with gravel. Another option is rigid tubing. Instead of the flexible vinyl hose it is a clear acrylic tube, so it does not bend. You can use this as a "riser" and attach flexible tubeing to it. Or you can combine both methods. More than likely if the airstone somehow becomes heavy from water saturation, the air in the flexible tubing, with no suction clips will become buoyant and float to the top.

o
RE: airstone wont sink grrr

• Posted by lellie 6B PA & 10A FL (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 29, 05 at 11:17

Mine did the same thing...I found a rock with an indentation on one side and laid it on top of the line.
Worked fine till my fish discovered it...they can move mountains! LOL
I finally switched it out for a regular wand-type.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here