Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blondieoo7

I've got wierd fish!

blondieoo7
16 years ago

Seriously I thought i was just gonna ask about my convicts but as i thought about the question i realized i have many questions about my fish. I have 2 oscars 1 albino and 1 not, 2 convicts, well get in to them in a min, 2 placostomuses(yiks i know spelling) both very much carniverous, and 1 jack dempsy that wont grow. Okay my main concern is our convicts, the male convict wont let the female out of the corner at all, i thought this would pass but no he constantly keeps her locked up tight in the corner and i mean tight, the male did this before but subsided after awhile, then his bump on his head came back and now we're back to making the female miserable. She tries to get out but he is tierless. They also switch color as well as all of our fish, I thouhgt it could be change in there diet but that doesn't seem to affect it, our albino oscar changes from mostly white and some grey with orange highlights to mostly grey some white and the orange, our other oscar also changes sometimes he is strikingly light compared to his normal dark coloring, i know the orange is affected by diet but the rest i cant figure out. Our Jack goes from trying to be on of the convicts to being a loner, when he is trying to be a convict which can be very difficult considering how aggresive the male can be, he is much darker in color almost black, for a while we actually thought he could be a convict. Now that he is a loner again he is much lighter and his blueness is apparent as well as his red tips, but he hasn't grown since we got him and that was months ago, any other fish his size would have been food by now he is small, we have a fifty five gallon tank and the other fish keep growing but this little guy wont do it, Does he want to be the baby convict or what? Oh yes and our convicts change drasticly also, along with the males disapering bump and the way he goes from black to light grey sometimes i think he is a completly different fish, the female goes from almost white to dark grey.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!