Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
southern_belle251

strange betta behavior.

southern_belle251
14 years ago

Alex (my betta) Was purchased from the local petstore yesterday. He has quite the personality. Alex is very VERY active and seems to be very non-aggressive. See my thing is, I've always had aggressive betta's and w/Alex i think somethings wrong. He's a beautiful Veil tail that is red and white with the head being Red and halfway through the body he is a white colour his white in the corrrect lighting and right angles turnes a Blue colour. But for me what is very ODD is that he is non-aggressive, i have ALWAYS had aggressive betta's and this is the first one that is Non-aggressive...I've tried the mirror, and nothing, he fallows my hand and watches me like a waiting puppy. Alex seems to like to be fed but only one at a time and i have WAIT for him to finish before he goes BACK to the top and wants another. I feed him 4 bites and he dosnt want anymore he swims away. Earlier, i placed another betta (which my brother owns) in A SEPERATE TANK next to his...STILL no AGGRESSION WHAT SO EVER!!! As I was sitting on the end of my bed this afternoon I look up to find my mother's cat (nick) Sitting on the dresser....IMMEDIATLY ALEX IS BOWING UP AND FANNING OUT AT THE GLASS OF THE TANK AT THE CAT!!!! I took the cat away and brought him back.and it was ONLY THE CAT!!!!!! why does he act this way only towards the cat and Can you really have a passive betta like that? Is there something i Should be looking for that IM MISSING?!

Comment (1)