Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Food for Guppies

Posted by big_al_41 z6 Ct. (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 23, 09 at 8:37

As you may have guessed I'm fairly new to raising guppies, I have tried two different foods for my gups but none seem to be their fav. any suggestions. I have watch them eat and spit the flakes out ...lol

Thanks

Big Al

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Food for Guppies

what food (brands) have you tried?
i find that they are not picky about commercially available brands of food. "aquarian" brand is a good one; they also enjoy something different occasionally so i also use "tetra" brand color-enhancing flakes. "wardley's" is probably the least preferred. guppies also enjoy picking at algae on the plants and gravel. they love frozen blood worms, too.
although i have never done this because my tank is heavily planted, my local pet store owner always puts a bit of aquarium salt in his guppy tanks.

o
RE: Food for Guppies

thanks Jeff, I have tried several some of which you said .. I guess mine are just picky...lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here