Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daylilyfan

going to Newport aquarium - photo hints???

daylilyfan
18 years ago

This weekend, I am going on a "road trip" and will be visiting the Newport Aquarium near Cincinnati Ohio... They have tubes you walk through the shark tanks - should be exciting! I have never been there. I have been to the big aquarium in Chattanooga TN, but it was about 10 years ago.

I have an older digital camera that I'm pretty familiar with. I just got a new, 7 megapix Nikon this summer, but I am not very familiar with it, and have not had very good luck inside with it -but the outside pictures are wonderful! So, I am torn to which camera to take.

I do not have an aquarium yet. I am still doing the research. One reason I am going to the Newport is to photograph the tanks for ideas in setups etc. So - I have no tank to practice photography on at home.

Can anyone give me any hints on photographing the tanks at the aquarium ??? I love photography and do it as a hobby, but I am no where close to a pro - but better than your average point and shoot person... but I have never tried to photograph a fish tank. I assume you cannot use flash? Film speed setting? Any hints at all?

I won't be able to go back for a 2nd chance - so any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks so much!

Comments (5)

Sponsored