Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fairy_toadmother

fish food for freshie angels

fairy_toadmother
18 years ago

well, here is a food offered without preservatives. i would lke to feed along nutritional recommedations for angels but i have yet to find. does this look any good? how could i go about researching where and how this is made? thanks!

ps, angels had fresh earthworm today. what a reaction! i never dared 10 years ago. then again, i know chemicals havn't been used on my garden since june (and what was used isn't even an issue), except for diatomacous earth.

Here is a link that might be useful: fishfood

Comments (7)

• woeisme
    18 years ago

This may sound dumb, but did you try the "e-mail the seller a question" option. Also, I think most frozen fish foods are only preserved by the freezing.

• woeisme
    18 years ago

Just checked some frozen have by Ocean Nutrition and San Francisco Brand Brine shrimp, Bloodworms beefheart etc. No presservatives. Checked Ocean Nutritions page, only there dried food contained that nasty preservative you are passionate about. San Fran.'s site didn't say about dry food. They only stated no pressevrvatives only quick frozen fresh food , no additives in the frozen variety. Both foods are available at most LFS and petco/petsmart.

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    18 years ago

ha! only dumb on my part. i did send a question (today, duh) about whether it is a brand or they make it...

i was wondering about angels nutritional requirements regarding protein percentage, vitamins, "green matter", etc. omniverous, predatory, in between...i know they aren't strictly herbivores. i assume omnivorous but at what percentages...as long as a protein source is listed first but what percent. can you tell i am anal? as popular as angels are, you would thing there would be more specifics, ie discus requiring high protein...

somewhere i read that frozen brine shrimp have very little nutritional value, recently read. years ago, i read that baby brine only have the value as long as the egg sacs are still present. weird, since shrimp is a main bottom of the food chain. otherwise, what purpose would they serve. i am getting sooo confused!

i have never had angels like these...they are getting picky. the ones i bred and the fry would go into feeding frenzies, always hungry. i don't have any large chain store pet shops,and not sure i would want them. but, they would have a decent product availability (you would think) compared to my local. i need to make another road trip to "MY" pet store...of course, my 2 favorites turn out to be males as far as i can tell. i feel a bigger tank and an extra, or a swap coming on to find some females i like.

• raul_in_mexico
    18 years ago

If you´re having problems to find your aquarium products you can always order on-line: www.thatpetplace.com, they have a large selection of goodies ( including fish food ) always available.

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    18 years ago

thanks, i will check it out!

what i have found out about this food from the link, it is "similar to the hgh brand" but is a generic. ididn't know there were generic fish foods. same company that allows others to attach their own label for a fee? this really makes me curious.

btw, tried to fing hgh food by doing yahoo and google search...nothing.

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    18 years ago

oops. guess is is hbh. found it! and, there is a company that sells bulk with your own business label if preferred, not that this is the case.

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    18 years ago

anyone use grindal worms? i read somewhere that microworms are fatty and should not be used often. is this the case with grindals or even earthworms?

thanks.

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks