Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any good online or mail order sources?

Posted by hotzcatz Hamakua, Hawaii (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 11, 04 at 5:34

Aloha All,

Has anyone had good success with ordering fresh water fish from any online or mail order sources?

We have one small pet shop forty miles away and another seventy miles away and the rest are over two hundred miles away with ocean in the way so getting fish from a pet shop is really limited. The two available pet shops don't really have a lot of selection and I'm hoping to find a source for some nice angels or discus that can mail them to Hawaii. Anyone know of any or had good luck with an online or mail order source?

A hui hou,
Cathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any good online or mail order sources?

Try aquabid.com there are many people there that ship nice angels and discus as well as many other types of fish. I have fish that were bought from there that cost from five dollars to over two hundred dollars and most have come in great shape. The main trick of buying fish from a mailorder shop or online auction site like aquabid is to avoid fish that can be bought locally because the shipping freight will result in fish that can be very expensive. You do not seem to have that problem because of a lack of stores to buy from. Several of the sellers at aquabid are actually based in Hawaii so you will be buying local fish or at least fish that only have to endure a short trip in shipping.

o

www.thatpetplace.com

o

Check out www.LiveAquaria.com..they are affiliated with www.DrsFosterSmith.com.

o

Alhoa Cathy,
I use to have a 3 discus and 2 angel with a small variety of fresh water fish in our 50 gallon aquarium. They are mild temperment, sometimes shy and beautiful colored fish. They can get very large. We had our aquarium for over 5 years until we moved out of state. The Discus are my favorite tropical fish. They tend to be more sensitive to the ph balance of the water so testing should be weekly. You will enjoy them but you probably already know that.
Merry Christmas,
Theresa

o

Hey guys.....

We at the Aquadotnetwork have just gone live with an all new aquatic auction site.

Just for SIGNING UP!

www.Aquaauctions.com
AND right now we are offering all of our premium services for FREE.
Spread the word.
www.Aquadotnetwork.com
Catch The Wave!
Doni Graevell
Sponsor Relations
Admin/ Global Advisor
ADN Family of websites
American Cichlid Association Member
Dedicated Hobbyist

Here is a link that might be useful: www.Aquaauctions.com

o

There is also a new place that offers variety at fair prices

http://www.collectafish.com

o

Hold on a sec....I'm catchin' the waveeeeee!!!

-PF

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here