Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandywesttexas

What I feed my fish.....

sandywesttexas
17 years ago

The following foods I feed my fish. Only Hikari pellets (made by the Japanese. They use little additives and very little if any artificial colorings in their foods. Can be found at the pet store chains, PetSmart) . The flake I serve is made by ocean nutrition formulated for ocean and fresh water fish. It has the quality of frozen foods. I also use the Nutrafin Max flake food. What I would never buy is Wardley foods or tetra foods cheap dog food type food. I soak Hakari Algae wafers in a little tank water and then let them pull the pieces off the end of my bamboo wooden skewer.

The frozen foods I use are: Sally's Emerald Entree by San Francisco Bay company also mosquito larvae by the some company. Hakari frozen Bloodworms, Brine Shrimp, and Daphnia. I never just throw the frozen cubes in the tank I always put a little bit of the cube in a cup and let them defrost. Cubes can be easily cut with a sharp knife. So only use what you need. I feed my fish by hand. They have been conditioned to eat from a bamboo wooden skewer. You know the small kind they sell at the grocery stores. Just be careful not to skewer your fish. It works for me. Each fish gets a bite. I vary their foods. This afternoon I will be feeding them each a little mosquito larvae, a bite of flake, and a bite of pea. All at the same time. No fish in nature eats only one food at a time. They are little piggies. So I have always fed more than one food at each meal, but little bites. Do not over feed them. My fish are use to this and digest their foods well. I have never had a case of constipation. I think because with every meal they get fresh greens or fruit which adds that roughage they need.

Top food. Top fish. Good food helps their immune systems fight off offending bacteria and paresites.

Comments (2)

Sponsored