Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lexie1397

Snail out of water?

lexie1397
18 years ago

Hello All!

I'm not here often, so maybe this has been addressed (if so, point me in the right direction!) but my snail seems to prefer being out of the water.

I bought him at a small pet store and have had no trouble with him until this last week. The only thing that has changed in my tank recently is that I've started using Biozyme to help keep it cleaner between water changes.

At least once per day my snail will climb the tank wall or the filter tube and hoist himself onto the filter platform that spills water back into the tank. By the time he gets that far, his whole shell is about an inch out of the water. It is at this point that I normally hear the sound change as the water moves to accomodate him, and push him back down into the tank. Last night I watched as he pushed on the filter pad like he was trying to get in the filter!

Why would he be doing this?? Is he trying to eat the biozyme I'm putting in the filter pad? One day when he fell completely out of the tank I left him separate and tried to give him a little bit of the algae wafer that I normally feed him-he didn't touch it, so I'm pretty well convinced that he's not hungry.

Thank you for all your help!

Lexie

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner