Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherryinmaine

aquarium too heavy

sherryinmaine
15 years ago

hi, I have a 55 gal aquarium, gave dd my 40 gal when I upgraded to this size (both were bought used, so I didn't waste a huge amount of money). I dont have a lot of 'gimme' or 'what I must have' about stuff, but, there's a 125 gal aquarium for sale in paper. It's an hour and a half away from me. That part I could work around; but looked up the dry weight and it's 200lbs!! Other fish tanks were carried in house by me & dd. The guy selling (the 125 gal) would help me put it on my pick up; but I gotta figure a way to get it off truck, in to house and either up or downstairs.

He wants 200 for it; the stand he built himself.

I saw another one, 90 gallons including stand. It's got a 'wave' front glass and it's 'purty'. She wants 375. Hour and half drive in other direction.

The only reason I'm thinking of these is just got a sarassa. the 55 is good for now, but I know in a year or so he'll need more room. He has plenty space to browse, swim and turn around easily, not big yet.

I also have a smaller gold fish in there. I always considered him pretty good size (walmart) and he's lasted a while. When I put the sarassa in there, little guy hid in the shrubbery the first little while. Never had too much prob with walmart fish eating too many plants. Just checked on the sarassa. Might call him 'bossy' or 'heifer' the way he's pulling up greenery, munching it down. Reminds me nothing more than a big spotted bovine.

doesn't seem to bully the other goldfish.

Have lifted plenty of heavy things before, but a glass aquarium is breakable. I'm trying to think of something.

Just thought I'd share!!! :0)

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

Sherry

Comment (1)