Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
guppies

Posted by david713 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 16, 06 at 14:09

hey i have guppies now and i have about 24 fry in a 5 and 1/2 gallon with live plants a heater and an air pump and gravel so ho wlong till they start showing true colors only about 2 are because they r the oldest about over a month old the kings of the tank and the biggest one of the oldest is showing orange pink like the other two but the other two show black in their tails but idk if they will grow im oatient but i think its because b-4 i put them in the 5 and 1/2 gallon i had them in little bowls dat were cold and dirty and crowded so? yeah well no wthey are pretty big i copied this message from an old one i made but yeah when till they get colors and how to tell sexes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: guppies

David,
Congratulations on your fries. If you watch the adult guppies in action, you can easily tell who is the male. He is the one with the pretty colors and the female is bland looking. Also the male is always chasing the females for spawning. This type of fish is continually multiplying on a yearly basis. I would consider getting a larger tank for your many guppies. Many of the fries do not survive after birth for several reason. Some get eaten up by another larger fish, poor water conditions, improper feeding or the fry is not stable enough to mature.
Theresa

o
RE: guppies

ok thanks but how do u tell the sexes from the fry they are still small oh and ive got 4 males and two females i think i should get more females

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here