Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good deal on this 33 Gallon saltwater tank?

Posted by Allan870 Arkansas (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 9, 12 at 14:40

I have received a lot of helpful advice in the plant forums from this site. This is my first time posting in the aquarium section, so I'd like to say hi, I'm Allan.

I have been researching saltwater tanks for the past month. I want to set up a tank, just basically teaching myself the basics. If I successful in maintaining a fish only tank, I may try to do something more elaborate in the future.

My friend contacted me, interested in selling her 33-gallon saltwater tank. She is going to include: "under cabinet filtration system, and a full tank of live rock, some salt, and all decorations, heater, circulation pumps, and cabinet, & test strips, all for $175."

I am including two photos that she just sent me below. Basically I am just wondering if $175 is a good deal for this, and if it will eventually lead me towards the goal of having a fish-only tank with a couple of fish.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good deal on this 33 Gallon saltwater tank?

Here's the other photo:

o

Hello Allan,

I just happened to pop in and take a look at some of the Aquarium posts and noticed yours. I am by no means an expert, but I have had a 30 gal salt water tank in the past. From my experience a 33 gal tank for salt water is not nearly enough water volume. Salt water tanks are much more difficult to maintain than freshwater and without lager volumes of water, 55 gal and above, it is difficult to keep the water quality correct. As I said before, I am not an expert and I am sure that salt water setups of below 55 gals can be done, but I am sure it takes a lot of monitoring and adjusting of the water quality and salinity. Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck.

o

totally agree with goatman...and that may be why its up for sale... however for $175 all inclusive....it's a good deal imho.....i had a 55gal saltwater way back and water stability was a challenge to maintain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here