Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drakeheart

Betta behaving odd

drakeheart
13 years ago

I've had my male betta for little under a year (got him sometime in early summer) and normally he'll swim around actively and will watch me go about whatever I happen to be doing in the room. But lately he has just started floating at the top of his tank (its a simple one gallon betta vase)and sometimes turning half way to the side, I tap the glass or touch the water near him and he flips out and swims franticly around the tank. He doesn't eat the flakes i feed him (or the bloodworms i have), or he disrupts them and they float to the bottom where he wont eat them. Now I usually have a live plant in with him but they kept wilting (they weren't the best of plants to start out with being as the best i could find had bad leaves and the rest of the plant died off the same way, so i got a fake plant). Now I'm wondering, should i get a small heater for such a small tank because it is colder where i am at and the water is roughly 70-75 or so degrees on its own. And lastly there appears to be nothing wrong with him physically. Thanks for reading and helping if you can.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz