Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A. konjac Gordons Gold? A. titanum?

Posted by entwife NorCal9 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 11, 08 at 20:31

Anyone know where I can get these plants? I know PDN has Titanum, but the price is a little steep. Thanks in advance...

:-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A. konjac Gordons Gold? A. titanum?

Just shop around you might find them in unlikely places. There'a a grower in Florida that raises A titanum. I bought one last year, here in Houston, in a 1 gallon pot, about a foot tall for $14.95. It seems a little finicky during the winter, but grows strongly during the summer. Dont know about the konjac.

o

Houstonpat, did you get your A. titanum at a nursery there that I could call and find out if they have any more? I'm located in California, and there are none to be had around here. :-(

o

there is currently a Titanum on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/amorphophallus-corpse-flower-snake-plant-titan-arum_W0QQitemZ320204195582QQihZ011QQcategoryZ25463QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This same seller had one for auction last week, but it went for around $50.00

o

titanum has become very common so you should be able to find one no problem. I bought 30 seed on ebay earler this year from a seller for an average of $6 per seed and sent them all to my friend in Brasil.

Gordon's Gold is a rarer plant originally introduced by Dave Gordon in Southern CA. Look him up and you can likely get one. I got one from him years ago, but is was so unimpressive that I got rid of it or I would be happy to send you one. Good luck :o) Dan

o

I have found a private source for the A. titanum. :-)

Still looking for A. konjac Gordons Gold. I didn't know it was unimpressive, lol, but it looks very attractive to me. Hopefully some day I'll stumble across one.

Thanks! :-)

o

The great thing about plants.....one persons unimpressive is anothers must have :o) Dan

o

HAHA! Not too long ago, I would have said Amorphs were real snoozers, but now I am quite taken with them. ;-)

o

I may have a small gordon's gold that I could trade. I'd have to see what I have.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here