Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Anthurium potting mix

Posted by tindomul1of9 7a (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 23, 07 at 22:33

Hi all,
I have an Anthurium Pink Lady in some regualr potting soil. It seems like it clumps together too much when wet denying roots any air. What is the best mix for this plant? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Anthurium potting mix

Its best to mix your own. I use bagged orchid mix, a combo of the special phal mix that has the big chucks of large coarse perlite and charcoal and bark, Jungle Grow potting soil, and peat for all of my anthuriums. You can also use crushed lava rock, aliflor etc in your mix.

o

Thanks, sounds like a great airy mix!!!

o

This page may be useful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Growing Anthurium species

o

UBC Botanical Garden recommends the following mix:
50% Miracle Grow Moisture Control Potting Mix
20% Peat Moss
20% Orchid Potting Media (they prefer Schultz brand)
10% Perlite
All mixed throughly

This is what I will be trying when I repot my Anthurium, except I couldn't find the Schultz brand of Orchid media, so I will be using Better-Gro brand.

UBC grows close to 50 species of Anthruiums in their artificial rain forest. So hopefully this mix will work in my house. lol

Here is a link that might be useful: UBC Anthurium Info

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here