Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rotting amorph paeoniifolius--HELP!

Posted by rredbbeard SE CT USA/zone 6 (rredbbeard@aol.com) on
Sun, Feb 24, 08 at 15:38

I have a large tuber that grew well for me last summer, and dropped its last leaf this past December. It was allowed to dry, and when I dug it up 4 weeks ago, the center was showing signs of rot. I scooped out the bad parts and treated it with cinnamon. The rot is progressing and extensive, and I am about to do a Physan soak.

1)Is there any hope? 2)Should I be trying another sterilizing product? 3)Can I salvage pieces of this and grow the pieces like a potato?

I tried seedlings of the same species 2 years ago--they started well, but didn't survive dormancy. Maybe I should just give up with this?

All advice is welcome!

--Rr

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rotting amorph paeoniifolius--HELP!

Try to cut out as much of the rotting material as possible and then give it a soak in 10% clorox solution. for 10 minutes.

Store dry and cool and check every 10 to 14 days.

I have had success in the past cutting rotten tubers in pieces before. Sometimes such drastic steps are needed.

Hope this helps a little.

al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here