Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Price check please!!!

Posted by argus 9B / 10A (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 27, 06 at 16:26

Hi,

I talked to a guy on e-bay who has an 11# tuber that I assume is a konjak. He wants $100 + $29 s/h. I'm anxious to get a flowering size plant, but I'm not sure on the price, as this is the most common of Amorphos.

Thanks,
Argus

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Price check please!!!

Argus, in my opinion that is complete silliness!!! A 3 pound to 5 pound konjac is easily blooming size and $100 for a konjac is simply ludicrous unless you simply have tons of extra money you want to spend!!! Buy a 3 pound one for $15-25 (MAX) and watch it bloom this spring (mine are all blooming now) and then have the pleasure of growing it to 5-10 pounds this coming summer....save tons of money, get a bloom and have fun growing it on.....at least that is my opinion....best of luck with your decision :o) Dan

o

• Posted by kwoods Cold z7 Long Is (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 28, 06 at 10:02

I'm w/ Dan. For $100 bucks it better do a little dance or something in addition to blooming.

o

• Posted by argus 9B / 10A (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 28, 06 at 11:28

Thanks a lot!

I guess I'm just way too anxious to get a blooming size plant. I'll just be patient with the little guys I've got. Last year, I didn't know to cut off offset growth to have a large tuber, so instead of anything getting bigger, I just dug up two or three plants the size of my original one. This year I'm concentrating for maximum growth, so hopefully next year I'll have some flowering size plants.

Argus

o

• Posted by kwoods Cold z7 Long Is (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 28, 06 at 12:55

Fertilize, fertilize, fertilize.

And, keep hitting HD, I found one w/ a huge petiole there late in the season last year for $20. Turned out it was a huge tuber and will blossom this year. Wouldn't have bought it but it was around six feet tall. Already had a few but couldn't help "freeing" the poor sucker.

o

My advice is stick with the ones you have... OR... by a cheap 4 incher .. something that is one or two seasons away from blooming . and Let them grow like mad until they are blooming size. Not only will it cost you much less.. But it will also feel much better to have a giant amazing flower that you grew yourself.

Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here