Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
growhappy

Sources for V. Monstera Deliciosa

GrowHappy
18 years ago

or Borsighiana? I really would like to get one of these when Spring comes. They're striking and I must have one in my garden this year!

Thanks,

GH

Comments (13)

• planty01976
    18 years ago

ebay

• bihai
    18 years ago

Um, if you get one, you might want to not plant it out in zone 7? An extremely nice pot would compliment it greatly! If I ever get one that's what I will have to do.

• GrowHappy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Bihai,

I wasn't going to leave it out. I bring my plants in after summering outdoors. It will make an especially nice partner for some gorgeous pot! Thanks Planty and Bihai.

GH

• susanlynne48
    18 years ago

What nursery was it that was mentioned earlier - Natural Sections Exotics - do they have it? Also, another website that they won't let me post here may have it. If you want the name, I can PM you.

Susan

• bihai
    18 years ago

I don't think Enid at NSE has it. At least NFS at the moment.

• GrowHappy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Susan, can you email me the name of the unmentionable site? Thanks!

• rubbleshop
    18 years ago

I think you might have problems with Monstera Deliciosa in winter outside in zone 7. I can overwinter them outside, but only just, in a very sheltered position in a walled garden in a warm valley in zone 9. Move them to the front garden and the weather will zap them. They don't like anything below -2C or teh leaves get damaged and the stalks die at -5C too - end of plant!. If you can keep them above -2C, they pick the coldest horridest time of the year to flower!!! - They pick January here in the UK.

• Krstofer
    18 years ago

I picked up a couple $3 babies last year at my local OSH- I was rather suprised to find it there in the 'common indoor plant' section.. But they've got quite a few of them. Big ones were $15 to $20, but I figured why not get some little ones & wait? They're in a 12" hanging pot and doing very well in my 'seedling zone' under a 250 watt HPS bulb. I *may* put 'em outside this summer... Maybe not. I don't know, depends on how much moving stuff around I feel like doin'.

Anyway, go check pout your local Home Depot, Lowes or OSH.. You might get lucky as they have some unusual stuff sometimes.

• planty01976
    18 years ago

Susan, can you email me the name of the unmentionable site? Thanks!

• susanlynne48
    18 years ago

OMG - I forgot the name of the unmentionable site. I just remember I tried to mention it, and for some reason they wouldn't let me. I'm going to have to tap the old memory banks now. Gimme a bit folks.

Susan

• welch_hill_2010
    13 years ago

Can anyone tell me besides Ebay , where I can purchase a V.Monstera Deliciosa.
    Thank You,
    Candace Holt

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

Cheers~

Izhar

Here is a link that might be useful: Variegated Monstera

• dave_in_virginia
    13 years ago

The plant pictured in Izhar's link above is Monstera deliciosa albomaculata, with "maculata" being a Latin reference to spots, for this plant has the usual albo (white) variegated splotches, plus every leaf is uniformly covered with white spots, too. This plant goes by the name "Philodendron Cheesecake" in some nurseries. I found a pot of it containing two nicely rooted stems in a local nursery just today. They had only one and I snapped it up, having never seen it available here before.