Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynne48

Does Anyone Know Anything About Troy Davis?

susanlynne48
18 years ago

Just wondering.

Susan

Comments (8)

• raymikematt
    18 years ago

Susan,
    I think Wilbert Hetterscheid said in one of the recent Aroid-L posts that Troy hadnt got all the official papers he needed to collect/ship plants in Indonesia so he temporarily shut down operations until he could get them all together. I guess thats whats going on..
    Michael M.

• susanlynne48
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Just wondered because apparently there are some people who believe he absconded with money and plants. I hope that is not the case. Disclaimer: this is merely rumor and not fact, so I do not want to damage Troy's reputation or hurt anyone's feelings in regard to this situation. I had also heard he had returned to Australia.

Susan

• wolflover
    18 years ago

Susan,
    I've bought from Troy before and all I can say is he was great!!! He certainly did me right and replaced everything that was damaged in shipping through no fault of his. I can't say enough good about him and I would not hesitate to buy from him again. I hate to see anyone spreading rumors about him without knowing the facts. Give him time, I think he will come through...
    Dawna

• susanlynne48
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I don't want to see them spread either, but I think it's too late. It's all over the Aroid-l. I am hoping that he comes thru very soon to dispel all these rumors and to handle the money issues asap. I know one of the people involved and this person is as honest as the day is long, Dawna. I just really hate to see any of this happening. I'm always willing to give people a second chance and to wait until I hear otherwise. I hope that NONE of this is true.

Susan

• grrrnthumb
    18 years ago

Troy's a great guy! I've had great sucess with ordering from him & I know he takes better care of his buyers than almost anyone in any industry I've ever seen. He really cares about getting you great plants & making sure they thrive for you.
    I've seen him time & again completely take care of buyers for all sorts of different reasons, some of them questionable on the part of the buyer. I think his long term 110% service has earned him the benefit of the doubt for a temprary interuption of service like this. :)

• snowspassion
    18 years ago

I had a whole page dedicated to Troy on my website. He also owes me money....and 2 or 3 others. I used to speak with him by email a few times a week unless he was out collecting plants. All of a sudden, I didn't hear from him. It's been over 4 months. He has not returned any of my emails. I got emails from people that paid for plants and ordered from Troy because of my his info on my site. I am the one that posted the Troy stuff on Aroid-l. It's one thing to be a great guy like Troy used to be.....very honest & funny. Until he makes good on all of his deals, I will only speak the truth and state the facts as I know them....which isn't looking too good right now.
    He is now running a coffee business in Australia...he's got a website up and everything.

Snow

Here is a link that might be useful: Snow's Exotics

• susanlynne48
    Original Author
    18 years ago

So sorry this is happening, Snow. That's all I can say. Hopefully, things will work out for everyone involved.

Susan

• rubbleshop
    18 years ago

I was in the middle of some friendly correspondance by email with him 8th December, no sale involved, when he suddenly disappeared mid conversation. His wife Izumi, had previously said he was just about to go to Jawa. I assumed that was where he was. Now his website has disappeared and his email address started to bounce as well.

I do hope nothing nasty happened to him. He does live in a nasty area of tropical diseases, fly borne gangrenes, poison things which bite and earthquakes!

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction