Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
littlelithop

Plant Id- Dieffenbachia hybrid?

LittleLithop
11 years ago

I adopted this beautiful plant recently and can not find it anywhere online. I always ask whoever is there about plant care, light requirements, toxicity (kitty), etc. I wasn't listening very well this time.

Sooo, what I can remember from the conversation we had is; diffused light, starts with d maybe, award winning and they just got it in, keep moist but not too wet, standard soil mix, tropical. I have a few dieffenbachia and love there easy to care for nature and looking at the stem structure I would say it is a dieffenbachia but I have never seen one with such dark pink stems or foliage.
Its in quarentine now in the green room (when we moved in last year all the walls where green, 2 shades with a 3rd shade of green carpet. We also have a blue and purple room..I digress) and I will be repotting in an orchid soil mix 1/2 and 1/2 with a med grade fir bark. Do you think that will work?
Anyone have any guesses or knowledge on my new little friend? Can you blame me for just wanting something with color? Any help would be great and I cam add more pictures if need be. Thank you!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz