Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amorphophallus konjac in bloom

Posted by MonsteraMan 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 16:25

My amorphophallus konjac has been in bloom for a couple weeks now. The rancid smell is finally over, but the inflor. is still beautiful! It topped out at 6'7" in height from a 15 lb, 10.5" diameter tuber. I had to keep him in the garage with heat on him because the smell was not tolerable indoors. Once the smell decreased, he came back inside. Amorphophallus are a strange yet beautiful species of plants!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amorphophallus konjac in bloom

Beautiful!! It's always impressive to see what a mature corm can produce. Congrats!!

o

very cool mostera !!!
dont ya just love these plants..:)
my largest corm is days away from completely
opening up.. yea..smell.. ehheheehe:)
hope u keep us posted on pics when you get potted
up and foliage comes out..

o

Awesome Monstera!

That is a huge bloom and it is neat that the bloom lasts quite a long time.
I am just now starting konjacs after several years of admiring them. I was going to purchase huge flowering-size tubers but I decided to start out with medium-size tubers so I myself can grow the plants and get them to flower next year or the year after. I have them in the ground and in pots already and will post pics when they start to leaf out.

Z

o

VERY nice!

o

dont ya love these plants..heres pic of my largest one
just in full bloom now..

o

WOW!!! That is one nice shot!! Bet she smells pretty too LOL.
Can't wait for mine to come up, though I don't see them blooming this year due to the drought:(
How old is that plant? >5 years?

o

the biggest corm is going into its 3rd season with me..and i think it was 2yrs old when i got it..so u r right leaf..
im looking foward to "hopefully" a good growing season..and the corms putting on some nice size..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here