Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pineapple size Elephant Ear bulb.

Posted by primitive S.E. Ia. zone 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 2, 06 at 4:30

I really enjoy growing EE each summer. Recently at the Chicago Flower Show they were selling eliphant ear bulbs big as or bigger than a full grown pineapple, big honking things. I had to buy one just to see what it does. I'll let you know late summer. primitive

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pineapple size Elephant Ear bulb.

I hope you didn't pay a whole lot for it, especially if its regular Colocasia esculenta. Hate to burst people's bubbles, but you can buy these tubers - big as a pineapple or bigger - at the Asian supermarkets, usually for pretty cheap!

Susan

o

Good point, How much was it??

o

Since the closest Asian market is around 90 miles North not a good choice for me.
Wally world had them cheap, cheap so I bought one to stick in the back corner. I need it like another whole in my head but no will power!
Tally HO!

o

BP - you naughty thing - I did see the bulbs at Walmark (as my granddaughter calls it), but I have so many Asian markets around me in OKC, I bypassed them.

Yesterday, I pulled the mulch off of all of my 'asias, but left it nearby in the event of a frost warning. I wanted the soil to warm up as fast as possible. Although, it's already pretty darn warm. Rarely does our soil freeze here anymore.

Can't wait to get my Black Ruffles in the ground.

Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here