Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can someone identify this?

Posted by Hoe_in_Hand z9 NoCA (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 8, 05 at 6:38

I took this photo at the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park this week. I'm not familiar with aroids but they are fascinating to me. I think this is a kind of Araceae from what I've found in my search. But what kind? And does it also have a common name? Thanks in advance! And I'm sorry if I am in the wrong forum with this!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can someone identify this?

Hi Hoe!
Your picture doesn't show the foliage, but I'm sure it is an Anthurium. If you need the complete scientific name, you have to wait for the experts on this forum. In German it is called "Flamingoblume" - transalated literally "flamingo-flower". The normal colours are red for the spathe and yellow for the spadix. And it is an Aroid, you're right.
Bye
hermann

o

Hi there Hoe in hand, you are right it is an aroid of the araceae family and hermann is correct in saying it is an
anthurium which breed i can't tell you for sure as there are thousands the main one i think is anthurium andraeanum
a lot of different species are crossed with it.

see ya
cheraceae

o

Anthurium Sarah. I saw them for sale at the Garden Shop at Flamingo Gardens.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here