Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Helicodiceros muscivorus help?

Posted by weirdflowers 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 16, 11 at 7:49

About three weeks ago received a Helicodiceros muscivorus from a certain well-known online nursery. It looked healthy when it got here. I repotted it and it seemed to be doing alright being kept moist in bright sun, but over the past week and a half, a couple of the smaller leaves yellowed and curled so I moved it to filtered sun. Two days ago, the entire plant flopped over in place. I poked around and didn't see any mold, so I propped it up the best I could and let it be. Today, it was flopped over again. I tugged gently on the leaves and they slid right out of the soil; the bases were mushy and yellow. All that is left is a single new, unfurled leaf which is upright and seems to be strongly attached. I quickly flipped the plant out of the pot and saw new root growth.

Am I doing something wrong, or is my plant just going through shock? This is my first experience with mail-order plants, so I don't know what's normal.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Helicodiceros muscivorus help?

I too have not quite figured out this plant. I have been growing it, albeit not well, for two seasons now. I posted a query about it at the IAS forum board, look at the link below. Hope you can get some information to help. While you are there, why not join us?

Here is a link that might be useful: IAS forum board

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here