Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cannafreak

Alocasia Pink Shadow?

cannafreak
19 years ago

Hi,

I was on ebay and found this. I was wondering is this an actual Alocasia? If so anyone have any information on it?

TIA,

Tara

Here is a link that might be useful: Alocasia Pink Shadow

Comments (6)

• garden_grl
    18 years ago

you know it looks kinda like a cross between caladiums and an alocasia, maybe thats were they get the pink shadow part, just a guess , i love alocasia's and have never heard about this one , i think i might google it

• JohnnieB
    18 years ago

It looks more like a Xanthosoma to me, but elephant ears in general (Colocasia, Alocasia, Xanthosoma and sometimes Caladium) can be difficult to sort out.

• pipercozza
    18 years ago

hi,
    that to me is niether alocasia, caladium or xanthasoma. it looks more like a syngonium hybrid or the like. ( or is that pothos? i cant remeber)
    cheers
    cory dale

• maleko
    18 years ago

Yes I would guess some type of Syngonium (arrow head plant) besides the common house plant there are hundreds of other species, less likey Xanthosoma. Contact the dealer and ask how this plant was determined to be what they say it is.

• cannafreak
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you for your responses I think I will contact him and see what he says. Tara

• raymikematt
    18 years ago

Looks alot like that Colocasia 'excalibur' Agristarts has for sale. I think it is actually a Caladium species though.
    Michael M.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH