Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alocasia Pink Shadow?

Posted by cannafreak z7 NY (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 30, 05 at 9:44

Hi,

I was on ebay and found this. I was wondering is this an actual Alocasia? If so anyone have any information on it?
TIA,
Tara

Here is a link that might be useful: Alocasia Pink Shadow

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alocasia Pink Shadow?

you know it looks kinda like a cross between caladiums and an alocasia, maybe thats were they get the pink shadow part, just a guess , i love alocasia's and have never heard about this one , i think i might google it

o

It looks more like a Xanthosoma to me, but elephant ears in general (Colocasia, Alocasia, Xanthosoma and sometimes Caladium) can be difficult to sort out.

o

hi,
that to me is niether alocasia, caladium or xanthasoma. it looks more like a syngonium hybrid or the like. ( or is that pothos? i cant remeber)
cheers
cory dale

o

Yes I would guess some type of Syngonium (arrow head plant) besides the common house plant there are hundreds of other species, less likey Xanthosoma. Contact the dealer and ask how this plant was determined to be what they say it is.

o

Thank you for your responses I think I will contact him and see what he says. Tara

o

Looks alot like that Colocasia 'excalibur' Agristarts has for sale. I think it is actually a Caladium species though.
Michael M.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here