Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pcparanormal

Bulb Newbie. Dead bulbs?

pcparanormal
10 years ago

I ordered a few bulbs from a reputable company. A Jack in the Pulpit, konjac, torch lily, etc. Mostly aroids though. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out the best thing for them. I've read to put in the ground, water them, not water them, put them in the fridge in bags, use peat moss, etc. I'm afraid trying one method and then switching to another when I got better information may have caused shock to them and killed them.

Right now they're in an organic potting mix with mostly peat moss outside on my patio. It's been warm here for some time so I'd expect to see new growth by now. I exposed the tips of the bulbs so the pointy side is facing up. I hope this is the right direction for these particular bulbs. Only one of them, the Jack in the Pulpit, looks discolored on one side because of fungus/mold.

Not sure what to do at this point, just leave them as is? Any help would be appreciated. This is my first season dealing with aroids and plants that go dormant, but I wanted to expand my horizons and learn more about these fascinating plants without killing too many of them in the process. :)

Jeff

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner