Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calla Lily stems drooping indoors

Posted by jim_widz 7 - Northern VA (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 12:20

I bought a white call lily last year and it looked beautiful throughout Spring and into Summer, then died back in the Fall and I over wintered it, all indoors.

This Spring, I moved the bulbs into a larger pot with new potting soil, and the plant is growing, again indoors.

The problem is shown in the picture with this link:
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5987/20120426072930.jpg

As you can see, the plant has tall stems and they are all very droopy. I have it getting afternoon sun (few hours) and water it regularly, but nothing is making a difference.

What would be causing it to droop so much? The leaves are a beautiful green and the plant looks healthy, except for the droopy stems/leaves.

THANKS

-- Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calla Lily stems drooping indoors

Hi Jim,
If you are giving the plant sun/water and it does not show signs of another blight on its leaves... my thought is that it is showing signs of soft rot. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do for the plant. Due to the leaves still appearing healthy it may be early in the progression of the disease. You could try a fungicide to address the issue, but it may be easier to just start over with a new plant.
-Brian

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here