Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
calla lily seed

Posted by anna_lisa Quebec (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 1, 06 at 12:55

Hi this year most of my cally lily seed came up i must have about one hundred a fifty. I hope to get different colors not just pink or white. I know it will take about 2 years to get any flowers. I don't understand why the price of cally lily are so much for one bulbs its 5 dollars too much for me Anna lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: calla lily seed

Well, you're in Canada, so I don't suppose you have an HD or Lowe's. That's where I got mine. I got several cultivars, like Flame (orangy-red), aethiopica (white species), pink, white with pink blush, yellow, purple, and peachy colored one. These were like 2 tubers for $3.00 in a package. I felt them all to make sure they were firm and not dessicated tubers. When I opened them to plant, they were all great tubers, and already sprouting.

Susan

o
RE: calla lily seed

HI I'am looking for flame I had about 4 but I lost them with a virus last year. I have home depot here I will check them out. Last week i check about 8 garden centers and they just had pink and pale yellow and plum. I have plum but it did not turn out plum i did not like it at all. I hate it when the pk. say one color and when you plant it it come out another color.Anna lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here