Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Titan arum in bloom !!!!!!

Posted by orchidboy01 9b Orlando area (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 08 at 19:29

Hi all. I checked on the Titan today and was excited to see some color starting to flush. It is being measured daily. The measurment for Monday was 5 feet 8.2 and todays measurment was just over 6 feet. We had thought it would bloom by Friday May 2nd. It should now bloom>>>>we think by Wednesday May 7th. If it continues to grow tomorrow it may even be later. As I have been told it will slow it's upward growth before it blooms. Photo on the bottom is from Friday April 25th. And the top photo is from today April 29th. Keep checking back to see it bloom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Titan arum in bloom !!!!!!

man its ashame it wasnt just 4 weeks from now when i will be down there and could see it. Thanks for sharing. It looks great in that landscape.

o

Wowwwww!!!!!!!! How did you do it. I could not even get my seed to germinate. Could you share your knowlege?

o

Wow, I missed the garden festival this year, sorry I could not see this one in person. Awesome.

o

That is one spooky looking plant!!!

Nicely done. Congrats!!!

o

That is going to be a beautiful thing when it blooms. How much did the bulb weigh?

Lainey

o

I consider myself most fortunate to have came across these photos

Such pride you must have in your accomplishments

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here