Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
amorphophallus konjac

Posted by Btropical256 z7a Pa (elementboards748@verizon.net) on
Tue, Apr 12, 05 at 21:27

Ok i have a big ole konjac bulb about 3 pounds or so and its 6 inches across and is like a bowling ball as its completly rounded. I would of though it was going to bloom but it didnt and it has a shoot up 2 inches now with those roots growing out the sides and i think its ready to pot up the one question is what kind of pot should i use for this guy. a 18 inch pot good enough? I had it last year in a 10 inch pot which i pulled it out and it was a huge root ball basically the bulb itself and 30 or so offshoots. i probably will stick it in its pot outside to start as long as the weather allows it other wise i could bring it inside if theres coldness. Of coarse i will not water it as much until its really growing roots out. i dont really want to start it inside because for one its big and two it will get sunburn when its moved out because of the big sunlight change which could ruin the shoot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: amorphophallus konjac

Brandon, just give it a pot where it has a lot of room on each side. That way it will have room to reproduce. My bulb is 11 lbs., and I am putting it in a half whisky barrel this year. Get the biggest pot you can. I'm sure it will be fine, even if the pot is a little too small. I don't put mine directly in the sun, but on the front porch where it can have some sun, and then some shade. If you want it to flower next year, fertilize it well. :) Arum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here